Midas Swellendam is an auto parts and accessories retail store designed around the needs of vehicle owners and automotive mechanics, focusing on quality products at the best price.
As we have discussed in one of our previous Blogs, you have probably been advised to change your motor oil every 5000 to 8000 Kilometres, but you must also keep in mind that a newer car can handle longer distances than an older model.
The best advice would be, to always revert to your owner’s manual for the mileage intervals between oil changes, neglecting to do so can permanently damage your motor vehicles engine.
We have put together a comparison of our most popular Caltex engine oils, which also happen to be our best sellers, so that you can make an informed decision for yourselves. Caltex has developed, revolutionary engine oil technology, for your engine to last longer. A good engine oil can protect your vehicle’s engine from harmful deposits, whether you drive a motorcycle, car, bus, truck or tractor.
As engines have become more technologically advanced over the years, it’s important to use an equally advanced engine oil. Caltex’s range of engine oils have been designed, to help protect engine performance and prolong your engines lifespan. Caltex Havoline, has been delivering more than 100 years of advanced engine protection to maximize your engine life.
Havoline® Ultra S SAE 5W-40 – Fully Synthetic Passenger Motor Oil
Havoline® Ultra S SAE 5W-40 is a premium performance, multigrade motor oil formulated from selected synthetic base fluids and matching additive technology for use in passenger car and light truck gasoline and diesel engines under all operating conditions.
This fully synthetic motor oil has a wider temperature range capability, the synthetic base fluid ensures correct oil viscosity to reduce friction at start-up, and to provide maximum lubricity during high temperature operation. This ensures minimizing wear in even the most sophisticated valve train mechanisms, including those with variable valve timing. Low metal, phosphorus and sulphur formulation extends emission system durability, while providing superior control of oil flow through the ring belt area by maintaining oil viscosity, reducing oil evaporation at the elevated ring zone temperatures experienced under all operating conditions.
Havoline® Ultra S SAE 5W-40 maximises power and performance, by providing superior control of ring belt and piston skirt deposits, even under the most severe operating conditions. Special friction modifiers assist in reducing friction for maximum fuel economy. With superior thermal stability and oxidation resistance, providing maximum protection against in-service oil degradation which contributes to filter blocking and sludge formation in the oil galleries, crankcase, and valve train.
- Naturally aspirated and turbocharged gasoline and diesel engines in passenger cars.
- Light truck gasoline engines.
- Low emission passenger car and light duty vehicle engines fitted with latest catalytic converter (gasoline) or diesel particulate filter technology.
- Passenger car and light duty vehicles designed to meet Euro IV emission standards.
- Four-stroke gasoline engines in portable power equipment where the manufacturer recommends conventional passenger car motor oils.
Not recommended for use in gas fuelled (CNG or LPG) engines or motorcycle engines.
To view the Safety data sheet, click here.
Havoline® Synthetic Blend SAE 10W-40
Havoline® Synthetic Blend SAE 10W-40 has wide temperature range capability ensuring correct oil viscosity to reduce friction at start-up, and to provide effective lubricity during high temperature operation. The effective anti-wear additive system provides outstanding wear control in even the most sophisticated valve train mechanisms, including those with variable valve timing, prolonging your engine lifespan.
Preserves full power and performance.
Havoline® Synthetic Blend works immediately upon contact with an engine’s moving parts to create a protective coating that shields the engine against deposits preserving full power and performance.
Providing excellent control of ring belt and piston skirt deposits, even under the most severe operating conditions.
- Naturally aspirated and turbocharged gasoline engines in passenger cars and light commercial vehicles that require SAE 10W-40 viscosity grade oils up to and including API SN or ACEA A3/B4 performance.
- Naturally aspirated and turbocharged diesel engines in passenger cars and light commercial vehicles that require SAE 10W-40 viscosity grade oils up to and including ACEA A3/B4 performance.
To view the Safety data sheet, click here.
Delo® – Let’s Go Further™
Delo®, short for Diesel Engine Lubricating Oil, is formulated with ISOSYN® Technology that combines highly refined base oils with advanced additives to create products that rival synthetic lubricants in critical performance tests.
ISOSYN Technology is a combination of premium base oil with high performance additives which provide superb parts protection that rivals synthetic performance, at an outstanding value. Proper lubrication means more than just a protective film when it comes to heavy-duty engines. The correct engine oil also helps to disperse soot and control sludge, to improve fuel economy and engine durability minimizing operating cost. From transmissions to differentials, from wheel bearings to shackle pins, Delo engine oil has all your equipment covered.
DELO® GOLD ULTRA SAE 15W-40 Heavy-Duty Diesel and Petrol Engine Oil
DELO® GOLD ULTRA SAE 15W-40 is a high performance, multigrade, heavy-duty diesel and Petrol engine oil specifically designed to lubricate a wide range of engines requiring API CI-4 or ACEA E7 performance lubricants, including those fitted Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) and / or Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) emission control technologies. Formulated with ISOSYN® technology to provide exceptional soot dispersancy, deposit control and wear protection, reducing maintenance costs.
Dilo Gold Ultra SAE has a high efficiency dispersant combination plus proven metallo-organic anti-wear additive system provides excellent protection against wear of critically loaded components under all operating conditions, prolonging your engine lifespan.
Multigrade viscosity provides additional protection against wear at start-up and under high temperature operating conditions. Preserving full power and performance by providing excellent upper-ring belt deposit control under the high temperatures encountered in turbocharged diesel engines.
This highly effective antioxidant system inhibits the formation of sludge forming materials which can lead to premature oil thickening and filter plugging, extending oil and filter service intervals.
- Mixed fleets of diesel engines (high speed, four-stroke, turbocharged or naturally aspirated)
- Four-stroke gasoline engines in mixed fleets of diesel and gasoline engines.
- Commercial road transport.
- Off-highway vehicles and plant.
- Agricultural tractors and farm machinery.
- High speed diesel engines in marine service (e.g., fishing boat, river transport).
- Generator sets.
- Mobile hydraulic systems (where oil type and viscosity are appropriate).
- Diesel engines utilizing diesel fuels with up to 30% biodiesel (B30)
When using Biodiesel blended fuel meeting ASTM D7467 (B6 – B20) or equivalent and higher blends when blended with B100 as per ASTM D6751 or equivalent. When using >B6 biodiesel it is critical to monitor the engine oil level and performance.
Refer OEM recommendation for oil selection and drain intervals when using biodiesel, this product is not recommended for motorcycle engines.
To view the Safety data sheet, click here.
DELO® 400 MGX SAE 15W-40 Heavy-Duty Diesel and Petrol Engine Oil
Delo 400 MGX SAE 15W-40 is an API CJ-4 heavy duty engine oil specifically formulated for on-highway and off-highway applications using either High Sulphur or Low Sulphur Diesel and can also provide protection for newer compliant low emission diesel engines with Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR), Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) and Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR).
Delo 400 MGX SAE 15W-40 is fully compatible with previous diesel engine models and previous API Oil Service Categories including: API CI-4 PLUS, API CI-4 and API CH-4.
- Minimized operating costs.
- Exceptional soot dispersancy and wear control. Cylinders, pistons, rings, and injectors are well protected against wear and corrosion, providing optimum service life and minimal maintenance. Contributes to maximum vehicle utilization and minimal downtime.
- Excellent emission control system life.
- Provides optimum Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) life for minimal downtime and cleaning, thus managing your maintenance costs.
- Managed inventory costs.
- Backward compatible with previous API Oil Service Categories and engine models. Suitable for use in four-stroke gasoline and naturally aspirated, turbocharged, and modern electronically controlled / low emission diesel engines calling for an SAE 15W-40 heavy duty motor oil.
- Delo 400 MGX SAE 15W-40 is recommended for naturally aspirated and turbocharged four-stroke diesel engines in which the API CJ-4, CI-4 PLUS, CI-4 categories and SAE 15W-40 viscosity grade are required by the manufacturers.
- Delo 400 MGX SAE 15W-40 is formulated for engines operating under severe service and a wide range of climatic conditions.
This product is recommended for use in:
Commercial road transport, including the latest engines fitted with exhaust clean-up devices of all types.
Vehicles meeting the most recent exhaust emissions standards, including US EPA 2002 and 2007, Euro IV, V and VI, and Australian ADR 80/02 (for medium duty) and ADR 80/03 (for heavy duty).
Always confirm that the product selected is consistent with the original equipment manufacturer’s recommendation for the equipment operating conditions and customer’s maintenance practices.
We trust that the information provided, has been informative enough for you to choose, which Engine Oil would be best suited for your vehicle.
Click here for our Blog on, “How to change your Motor Oil!”
Please follow us on social media for our latest product promotions and discounts.